How do Volunteers help?
Volunteers play an important role in the work of the Mental Health Law Centre in a number of ways.
Telephone Advice Line – providing information and referrals, conducting client intake interviews and providing advice under the supervision and direction from lawyers
Working on Casework – assisting lawyers with casework files
Legal Research and Policy Work – volunteers may also assist the Centre in research for law and policy reform proposals.
All successful applications are provided with Induction and on-site Training.
Applicants should meet the following criteria:
- Be enrolled in their penultimate or final year of an undergraduate law degree or Juris Doctor;
- Be able to commit to one day/week for a period of at least 6 months;
- Have strong written and verbal communication skills;
- Be confident speaking to clients over the phone; and
- Have strong legal research skills.
We are recruiting! Please see below for the job description and information on how to apply.