Community Legal Education and Training
The Centre provides Community Legal Education and Continuing Professional Development sessions in the areas of mental health and mental health laws including:
- Mental Health Act 2014 (Western Australia); Patients’ Rights & Guardianship and Administration Act 1990 (Western Australia); Understanding the Criminal Law (Mentally Impaired Accused) Act 1996 (Western Australia); Mental Illness and the Legal Profession – Ethical Duties; Mental Illness and Communication.
This training is provided to:
- People with a mental illness;
- Their families and support persons;
- Lawyers, law graduates and law students;
- Workers in non-government organisations and government health services;
- Students in disciplines such as social work, nursing, occupational therapy and medicine;
- Employees of other services who come into contact with people experiencing mental illness.
For an idea of the CLE training to be provided in 2017 please click here. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or ring us on our free call line to organise a presentation from of one of the Centre’s solicitors.