Guardianship and Administration


Subject to resources, the Mental Health Law Centre can provide assistance on guardianship and administration matters.  Lawyers at the Centre can assist with:

  • Seeking a review of a guardianship or administration order;
  • Seeking a change to a guardianship or administration order, for instance, for a different individual to become the guardian or administrator;
  • Seeking to revoke a guardianship or administration order;
  • Representing at hearings; and
  • Appealing against a decision.

Clients must meet the eligibility criteria for our services and we require 10 working days’ notice for both Guardianship and Administration matters.

Please click on the below titles for short videos explaining Guardianship and Administration:


What are Orders?

How to Prepare for a Hearing

Changing or Appealing an Order

Learn more about us:

Request free help now

Send us an Email

Select what areas you would like more information about, fill in your details, then click submit and we will respond within 2 business days.


Email Form: