Training, Courses & Events
The Centre provides Community Legal Education and Continuing Professional Development sessions in the areas of mental health and mental health laws including:
- Mental Health Act 2014 (Western Australia);
- Patients’ Rights;
- Guardianship and Administration Act 1990 (Western Australia);
- Understanding the Criminal Law (Mentally Impaired Accused) Act 1996 (Western Australia);
- Mental Illness and the Legal Profession – Ethical Duties;
- Mental Illness and Communication.
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or ring us on our freecall line to organise a presentation from of one of the Centre’s solicitors.
This training is provided to:
- People with a mental illness;
- Their families and support persons;
- Lawyers, law graduates and law students;
- Workers in non-government organisations and government health services;
- Students in disciplines such as social work, nursing, occupational therapy and medicine; and
- Employees of other services who come into contact with people experiencing mental illness.